- This event has passed.
33rd AKAD Seminar
April 5, 2022 @ 5:00 am - July 4, 2022 @ 1:30 pm UTC+0KES2200
Dates: Tuesday 5th – Thursday 7th April 2022 (3 days)
Target: Youth: Upper Primary & High School
Location: MOW Sports Club, South C, Nairobi, Kenya
Cost: Ksh 2,200/- per day ( 3 days)
APPLY HERE : https://forms.gle/EtU3rT6oq3aJ67H57
Why these AKAD seminars? Topics include the following
1. Profile Writing & presentation; Elevator Pitch
2. Branding; knowing & understanding self, “I am”
3. Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
4. Communication: Essays Writing Skills
5. Negotiation; Single & Multiple Party
6. Public Speaking & Confidence Building
7. Success Principles; Paradigms, Beliefs & Attitudes
8. Leadership Growth & Development
9. Ideation: Concept Notes, Solutions & Entrepreneurship
10. Job Readiness: CV, Interview & Job Ready Skills*
*If time allows!
Why Upper Primary & High School Youth?
Youth at these stages suffer from these key problem areas;
• Lack of strategic academics & career preparation in schools & colleges
• Lack of clear academic pathways to successful careers
• Lack of preparation for admissions to top, world class universities e.g. Ivy League Schools
• Lack of comprehensive, intentional leadership development programs for youth
• “Work Ready” youth on graduation from academic programs in schools & colleges
• Lack of Entrepreneurship development in youth!
There are few programs specifically designed to address the above. Youth therefore lack knowledge on identifying their personal gifts, talents, skills and abilities – so as to best match these with available career opportunities. Career decisions are made based on academic grades, college placement, guess-work, peer & parental pressure or media exposure and the lack thereof. Totally ignoring the individual’s inner and long term future options.
Purely academic based examination systems are a poor measurement of a student’s retentive, analytical, moral and emotional intelligence – yet are the standard used in eliminating students when in competition for limited academic places. As a result, Lifeskills needed to success are not instilled. Change is a given; by definition, an effective leader is able to anticipate, strategize for, and enable themselves and organisations to proactively navigate change; managing, pioneering & leading change. This seminar introduces youth as potential future leaders to better understand, address, embrace, manage & lead change as a positive process in the pursuit of their lifetime vision, mission and goals.
AKAD Education Group – Africa, t/a AKAD Africa Ltd. provides Capacity Building through Careers, Mentorship & Value Based Leadership training as a Social Enterprise.
*Should you experience any difficulty with this form, kindly let us know by sending a What’sApp text to +254 720 743 674. Please do NOT call.
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram: Akad Africa